Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.OA.3
- Operations And Algebraic Thinking
- Represent And Solve Problems Involving Multiplication And Division.
- State Standard:
- Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.1
- Welcome to “Math Studio Talk” a video series that provides games, activities and models to help students develop flexible thinking and deep understanding of math concepts from kindergarten to Grade 5...
- In Topic E, students begin by working with facts using units of 0 and 1. From a procedural standpoint, these are simple facts that require little time for students to master; however, understanding...
- Topic D introduces units of 9 over three days, exploring a variety of arithmetic patterns that become engaging strategies for quickly learning facts with automaticity (3.OA.3, 3.OA.7, 3.OA.9). Nines...
- Topic C anticipates the formal introduction of the associative property with a lesson on making use of structure to problem solve. Students learn the conventional order for performing operations...
- Topic B introduces units of 6 and 7, factors that are well suited to Level 2 skip-counting strategies and to the Level 3 distributive property strategy, already familiar from Module 1. Students...
- Topic F introduces the factors 5 and 10, familiar from skip-counting in Grade 2. Students apply the multiplication and division strategies they have used to mixed practice with all of the factors...
- Grade 3 Module 3: Multiplication and Division with Units of 0, 1, 6–9, and Multiples of 10 This 25-day module builds directly on students’ work with multiplication and division in Module 1. Module 3...
- Grade 3 Module 1: Properties of Multiplication and Division and Solving Problems with Units of 2–5 and 10 This 25-day module begins the year by building on students’ fluency with addition and...