Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.NF.3.d
- Number And Operations—Fractions5
- Develop Understanding Of Fractions As Numbers.
- State Standard:
- Compare two fractions with the same numerator or the same denominator by reasoning about their size. Recognize that comparisons are valid only when the two fractions refer to the same whole. Record the results of comparisons with the symbols >, =, or <, and justify the conclusions, e.g., by using a visual fraction model.
- Topic F concludes the module with comparing fractions that have the same numerator. As they compare fractions by reasoning about their size, students understand that fractions with the same...
- Students transfer their work to the number line in Topic D. They begin by using the interval from 0 to 1 as the whole. Continuing beyond the first interval, they partition, place, count, and...
- In Topic C, students practice comparing unit fractions with fraction strips, specifying the whole and labeling fractions in relation to the number of equal parts in that whole (3.NF.3d).