Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.NF.3.c
- Number And Operations—Fractions5
- Develop Understanding Of Fractions As Numbers.
- State Standard:
- Express whole numbers as fractions, and recognize fractions that are equivalent to whole numbers. Examples: Express 3 in the form 3 = 3/1; recognize that 6/1 = 6; locate 4/4 and 1 at the same point of a number line diagram.
- In Topic E, they notice that some fractions with different units are placed at the exact same point on the number line, and therefore are equal (3.NF.3a). For example, 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, and 4/8 are...
- Students transfer their work to the number line in Topic D. They begin by using the interval from 0 to 1 as the whole. Continuing beyond the first interval, they partition, place, count, and...