Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.MD.8
- Measurement And Data
- Geometric Measurement: Recognize Perimeter As An Attribute Of Plane Figures And Distinguish Between Linear And Area Measures.
- State Standard:
- Solve real world and mathematical problems involving perimeters of polygons, including finding the perimeter given the side lengths, finding an unknown side length, and exhibiting rectangles with the same perimeter and different areas or with the same area and different perimeters.
- We have two videos for small groups of educators to learn from the Common Core in practice. The first video is clear of any captions of evidence of Common Core alignment. The second video includes...
- In Topic E, students solve problems involving area and perimeter. After an initial lesson problem solving with perimeter, students apply this knowledge to create a robot composed of rectangles. ...
- Topic D utilizes the line plot, familiar from Module 6, to help students draw conclusions about perimeter and area measurements (3.MD.4). Early in the topic, students find different possible...
- Students tessellate to bridge geometry experience with the study of perimeter in Topic C. They first decompose a quadrilateral and then rearrange the parts. They use the new shape to tile. ...
- Grade 3 Module 7: Geometry and Measurement Word Problems This 40-day final module of the year offers students intensive practice with word problems, as well as hands-on investigation experiences with...
- This Mathematics Common Core video features third grade students from John F. Kennedy Intermediate School located in Deer Park, Long Island. The lesson demonstrates Focus Standard 3.MD.8: Solve real...