Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.MD.7
- Measurement And Data
- Geometric Measurement: Understand Concepts Of Area And Relate Area To Multiplication And To Addition.
- State Standard:
- Relate area to the operations of multiplication and addition.
- Grade 3 Module 4: Multiplication and Area In this 20-day module students explore area as an attribute of two-dimensional figures and relate it to their prior understandings of multiplication....
- In Topic B, students progress from using square tile manipulatives to drawing their own area models. Anticipating the final structure of an array, they complete rows and columns in figures such as...
- Topic D creates an opportunity for students to solve problems involving area (3.MD.7b). Students decompose and/or compose composite regions into non-overlapping rectangles, find the area of each...
- In Topic C, students manipulate rectangular arrays to concretely demonstrate the arithmetic properties in anticipation of the following lessons. They do this by cutting rectangular grids and...