Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.MD.5
- Measurement And Data
- Geometric Measurement: Understand Concepts Of Area And Relate Area To Multiplication And To Addition.
- State Standard:
- Recognize area as an attribute of plane figures and understand concepts of area measurement.
- This Common Core video features 3rd grade students from Clayton Huey Elementary School in Center Moriches, NY. The lesson focuses on standard 3.MD.5: Recognize area as an attribute of plane figures...
- In Topic C, students manipulate rectangular arrays to concretely demonstrate the arithmetic properties in anticipation of the following lessons. They do this by cutting rectangular grids and...
- In Topic B, students progress from using square tile manipulatives to drawing their own area models. Anticipating the final structure of an array, they complete rows and columns in figures such as...
- In Topic A, students begin to conceptualize area as the amount of two-dimensional surface that is contained within a plane figure. They come to understand that the space can be tiled with unit...
- Grade 3 Module 4: Multiplication and Area In this 20-day module students explore area as an attribute of two-dimensional figures and relate it to their prior understandings of multiplication....