Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.G.2
- Reason With Shapes And Their Attributes.
- State Standard:
- Partition shapes into parts with equal areas. Express the area of each part as a unit fraction of the whole. For example, partition a shape into 4 parts with equal area, and describe the area of each part as 1/4 of the area of the shape.
- Topic A opens Module 5 with students actively partitioning different models of wholes into equal parts (e.g., concrete models, fraction strips, and drawn pictorial area models on paper). They...
- Students cut a rectangular shape into 6 equal units. They show three different ways of cutting it.
- Students fold fraction strips, then shade in the units.
- Grade 3 Mathematics Module 5: Fractions as Numbers on the Number Line In this 35-day Grade 3 module, students extend and deepen second grade practice with "equal shares" to understanding fractions as...