Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 1.NBT.4
- Number And Operations In Base Ten
- Use Place Value Understanding And Properties Of Operations To Add And Subtract.
- State Standard:
- Add within 100, including adding a two-digit number and a one-digit number, and adding a two-digit number and a multiple of 10, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method and explain the reasoning used. Understand that in adding two-digit numbers, one adds tens and tens, ones and ones; and sometimes it is necessary to compose a ten.
- During Topic D, students discuss and compare the various place value strategies they use when adding to 100 (1.NBT.4). Students have the opportunity to explain their thinking and better understand...
- During Topic C, students apply all of their place value and Level 3 strategy knowledge to add pairs of two-digit numbers to sums within 100. To this point, students have only added pairs of two-digit...
- In Topic F, students begin adding like units within pairs of two-digit numbers. Lesson 23 focuses on taking interpretations of two-digit numbers a step further, having students interpret numbers such...
- Topic D begins with students applying the Module 2 strategies of counting on and making ten to larger numbers, this time making a ten that is built on a structure of other tens. In Lesson 13,...
- In Topic C, students pick up from their previous work with 10 more and 10 less to extend the concept to adding and subtracting multiples of 10. In Lesson 11, students represent the addition of ten...