Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 1.NBT.2
- Number And Operations In Base Ten
- Understand Place Value.
- State Standard:
- Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number represent amounts of tens and ones. Understand the following as special cases:
- Topic B extends students’ use of counting sequences and understanding of tens and ones to numbers up to and including 120. In Lesson 3, students apply their understanding of tens and ones to two-...
- In Topic C, students pick up from their previous work with 10 more and 10 less to extend the concept to adding and subtracting multiples of 10. In Lesson 11, students represent the addition of ten...
- Module 4 builds on students’ work with teen numbers to now work within 40. Working within 40 helps students focus on the units, tens and ones, which can be easily modeled pictorially and concretely...
- Topic D closes the module with students renaming ten as a unit: a ten (1.NBT.2a). This is the very first time students are introduced to this language of ten as a unit, so this is exciting! The unit...