Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 1.MD.2
- Measurement And Data
- Measure Lengths Indirectly And By Iterating Length Units.
- State Standard:
- Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units, by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps. Limit to contexts where the object being measured is spanned by a whole number of length units with no gaps or overlaps.
- Objective: Understand the need to use the same units when comparing measurements with others.
- Objective: Measure the same objects from Topic B with different non-standard units simultaneously to see the need to measure with a consistent unit.
- Objective: Rename and measure with centimeter cubes, using their standard unit name of centimeters.
- Objective: Express the length of an object using centimeter cubes as length units to measure with no gaps or overlaps.