Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 1.MD.2
- Measurement And Data
- Measure Lengths Indirectly And By Iterating Length Units.
- State Standard:
- Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units, by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps. Limit to contexts where the object being measured is spanned by a whole number of length units with no gaps or overlaps.
- Topic D closes the module as students organize, represent, and interpret personally relevant data in Lesson 10 (1.MD.4). As students work as a class to collect, sort, and organize data into a graph,...
- Topic C gives students a chance to explore the usefulness of measuring with similar units. The topic opens with Lesson 7, where students measure the same objects from Topic B using two different non-...
- Topic B adds a new level of precision to measurement by introducing the idea of a length unit. In Lesson 4, centimeter cubes are laid alongside the length of objects as students learn that the total...
- Objective: Understand the need to use the same units when comparing measurements with others.
- Objective: Measure the same objects from Topic B with different non-standard units simultaneously to see the need to measure with a consistent unit.
- Objective: Rename and measure with centimeter cubes, using their standard unit name of centimeters.
- Objective: Express the length of an object using centimeter cubes as length units to measure with no gaps or overlaps.
- Grade 1 Module 3: Ordering and Comparing Length Measurements as Numbers Module 3 begins by extending students’ kindergarten experiences with direct length comparison to indirect comparison whereby...