Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 1.MD.1
- Measurement And Data
- Measure Lengths Indirectly And By Iterating Length Units.
- State Standard:
- Order three objects by length; compare the lengths of two objects indirectly by using a third object.
- Grade 1 Module 3: Ordering and Comparing Length Measurements as Numbers Module 3 begins by extending students’ kindergarten experiences with direct length comparison to indirect comparison whereby...
- Objective: Compare length directly and consider importance of aligning endpoints.
- Objective: Compare length using indirect comparison by finding objects longer than, shorter than, and equal in length to that of a string.
- Objective: Order three lengths using indirect comparison.
- Objective: Rename and measure with centimeter cubes, using their standard unit name of centimeters.
- Objective: Order, measure, and compare the length of objects before and after measuring with centimeter cubes, solving compare with difference unknown word problems.
- Objective: Understand the need to use the same units when comparing measurements with others.
- The module opens in Topic A by extending students’ kindergarten experiences with direct length measurement to indirect measurement whereby the length of one object is used to compare that of two...
- Topic B adds a new level of precision to measurement by introducing the idea of a length unit. In Lesson 4, centimeter cubes are laid alongside the length of objects as students learn that the total...