Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 1.G.2
- Reason With Shapes And Their Attributes.
- State Standard:
- Compose two-dimensional shapes (rectangles, squares, trapezoids, triangles, half-circles, and quarter-circles) or three-dimensional shapes (cubes, right rectangular prisms, right circular cones, and right circular cylinders) to create a composite shape, and compose new shapes from the composite shape.4
- In Topic B, students combine shapes to form composite shapes, which in turn get larger as they add yet more shapes. As students work toward the objectives within the topic, they informally explore...
- Objective: Create a composite shape from three-dimensional shapes and describe the composite shape using shape names and positions.
- Objective: Compose a new shape from composite shapes.
- Objective: Create composite shapes from two-dimensional shapes.
- Grade 1 Module 5: Identifying, Composing, and Partitioning Shapes In Module 5, students consider part–whole relationships through a geometric lens. The module opens with students identifying the...