Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 1.G.1
- Reason With Shapes And Their Attributes.
- State Standard:
- Distinguish between defining attributes (e.g., triangles are closed and three-sided) versus non-defining attributes (e.g., color, orientation, overall size); build and draw shapes to possess defining attributes.
- Grade 1 Module 5: Identifying, Composing, and Partitioning Shapes In Module 5, students consider part–whole relationships through a geometric lens. The module opens with students identifying the...
- Objective: Classify shapes based on defining attributes using examples, variants, and non-examples.
- In Module 5 students build on their exploration and knowledge of shapes from kindergarten. In Topic A, students identify the defining attributes of individual shapes. In Lesson 1, students use straws...
- Objective: Find and name two-dimensional shapes including trapezoid, rhombus, and a square as special rectangle, based on defining attributes of sides and corners.
- Objective: Find and name three-dimensional shapes including cone and rectangular prism, based on defining attributes of faces and points.