Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.9-10.1.c
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Use words, phrases, and clauses to link the major sections of the text, create cohesion, and clarify the relationships between claim(s) and reasons, between reasons and evidence, and between claim(s) and counterclaims.
- In this End-of-Unit Assessment, students craft a formal, multi-paragraph essay presenting an argument in response to the question of which character bears the most responsibility for the tragedy of...
- Students prepare for their End-of-Unit written and oral assessments by considering Macbeth in its entirety and beginning to form an argument in response to the question of which character bears...
- In this last lesson of the unit, students work in class to finalize their research-based argument papers (End-of-Unit Assessments), editing, polishing, and rewriting as necessary. Students are...
- Students participate in a peer review activity during which they offer constructive feedback to their classmates about their entire research-based argument papers. Students review their peers’ papers...
- Students learn to craft a concluding statement that follows from and further supports the argument and appropriately connects sections of the text. Students deepen their understandings of how...
- Students focus on building cohesion and clarity as they continue to draft their research-based argument papers. Students work to improve the effectiveness of their writing by focusing on the use of...
- "In this lesson, students work in class to complete their finalargument essays for their End-of-Unit Assessment. Students call upon the conventions and strategies they have learned over the course of...
- "In this lesson students receive instruction about central claim development and writing conclusion paragraphs. Students draft their conclusions in class, and provide peer feedback and conference...
- "In this lesson, students begin the process of drafting the body paragraphs of their evidence-based argument essay. The writing process is guided by the organization and analysis of the claims and...