Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.8.5
- Production and Distribution of Writing
- State Standard:
- With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on how well purpose and audience have been addressed.
- Revision: Best Draft of “Inside Out” and “Back Again” Poems (Final Performance Task).
- End of Unit 2 Assessment, Part Two: Final Draft of Analytical Essay.
- Planning the Introductory and Concluding Paragraphs of the End of Unit Assessment Essay.
- In this lesson, the idea of a “quote sandwich” is introduced. This is a way to help students understand that when they use evidence in an argument essay, they should always: • * Analyze the quote....
- • Although this is the first official lesson of Unit 3, students began preparing for the research portion of this unit in Unit 2, Lessons 14 and 15. Thus in effect this is the third lesson of...
- Some students may need more help revising than others. There is space for this during the revision time. • As in Lesson 13, consider the setup of the classroom; students ideally will be working on...
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Writing Best First Draft of “Inside Out” Poem.
- Peer Critique of “Inside Out” and “Back Again” Poems.
- End of Unit Assessment: Writing Best First Draft of “Back Again” Poem.
- End of Unit 2 Assessment, Part 2: Revising the Informative Essay
- Writing an Argument Essay: Peer Critique
- End of Unit 2 Assessment, Part 2: Revise Essay Drafts
- Character Confessions: Peer Critique of Narratives
- End of Unit 2 Assessment, Part 2: Revising the Informational Essay