Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.7.1
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
- In this lesson, students reflect on their growth as writers over the course of the year using their Writing Improvement Trackers
- This is the second in a series of “talk through” lessons that take place before students are asked to draft their position paper as the Mid-Unit 3 Assessment, in the next lesson. In the previous...
- In this lesson, students complete the series of lessons that have helped them prepare their research for both a Fishbowl discussion (in Lessons 14 and 15) and the eventual position paper/essay in...
- In this lesson, students view the research they have organized in their Cascading Consequences charts through the lens of stakeholders: the people and places that will be affected by the potential...
- In this lesson, students are introduced to the Cascading Consequences chart, which provides a way for them to create a visual “map” of the consequences of a particular choice or course of action....
- In this lesson, students write the draft of their position paper about a screen time recommendation for the AAP. This lesson is written as a timed, on-demand drafting experience not only to keep...
- "In this lesson, students participate in an independent reading check-in using whichever routine you have established with your class. – Students need time to talk with a peer about their book. – You...
- This lesson serves as the transition between exploring whether or not to raise the AAP’s screen time recommendation to endorsing one side or the other. Today’s lesson allows for some reflection in...
- This lesson is in many ways a culmination and celebration of the reading and research students have done thus far in this unit. It provides an opportunity for each student to share his or her...
- This lesson centers on comparing the risks and benefits of entertainment screen time, and a large portion is devoted to this cognitive task. In Work Time A, students grapple with the risks and...
- This lesson continues to help students prepare their research for both a Fishbowl discussion (in Lesson 16) and the eventual position paper/essay in Unit 3, in which they will answer this prompt: “...
- Students begin a series of lessons that will help them prepare their research for both a Fishbowl discussion (in Lesson 16) and the eventual position paper/essay in Unit 3, in which they will answer...