Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.6.8
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources; assess the credibility of each source; and quote or paraphrase the data and conclusions of others while avoiding plagiarism and providing basic bibliographic information for sources.
- Mid-Unit Assessment Comparing and Contrasting Two Texts: Simulated Research
- Researching Digital Sources, Part 2: Guided WebQuest
- Researching Digital Sources, Part 1: Guided WebQuest
- Resource Materials and Gathering Information: Reading Another “Choice” Text from the Research Folder
- Research Tasks: New Words, Relevant Information, Revision
- Applying Research Skills: “Rachel Carson: Environmentalist and Writer”
- Getting the Gist and Paraphrasing: “Rachel Carson: Environmentalist and Writer”
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...