Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.5.3.a
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Orient the reader by establishing a situation and introducing a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Inventions That Changed People’s Lives In this eight-week module, students learn about new or improved technologies that have been developed to...
- In this third unit, students will return to the genre of the graphic novel, reviewing the elements that make this type of work uniquely suited to conveying an author’s complex ideas in an engaging...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...
- OUR GROUP READERS THEATER: REVISION, CONCLUSION, AND FIRST REHEARSAL In advance: Review group scripts and provide written feedback about how well students are sequencing events and using clear...
- OUR GROUP READERS THEATER: MANAGING THE SEQUENCE OF EVENTS IN OUR GROUP SCRIPT In advance: Students will need their scripts from the end of unit assessment, with written feedback, based on script...
- END OF UNIT ASSESSMENT: INDIVIDUAL SECTIONS OF READERS THEATER SCRIPT In advance: Students will need their exit tickets and script drafts from Lesson 8, as well as any notes, handouts, and the I...
- DRAFTING INDIVIDUAL READERS THEATER SCRIPTS FOR A SPECIFIC SCENE: REPHRASING, NARRATOR INTRODUCTION, AND IDENTIFYING CHARACTERS In advance: Review Support Materials, samples for purpose of modeling....