Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.4.7
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Conduct short research projects that build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Interdependent Roles in Colonial Times Students learn about what life was like in Colonial America. They go on to study the many roles people...
- DOCUMENTING RESEARCH: SORTING AND RECORDING INFORMATION ABOUT THE WHEELWRIGHT In this lesson, students reread the text about the wheelwright from Lesson 5. The specific purpose of this lesson is to...
- RESEARCH: IDENTIFYING CATEGORIES FOR OUR RESEARCH ABOUT THE WHEELWRIGHT Students read a text about the wheelwright in this lesson. They then reread this same text again in Lesson 6 and practice...
- RESEARCHING AND NOTE-TAKING: BECOMING AN EXPERT ON A COLONIAL TRADE In this lesson, students formally launch their research in expert groups. The knowledge students will build about their particular...
- READING AND TAKING NOTES ON COLONIAL TRADES In this lesson students read and take notes on their trade from their Colonial Trade texts for a third time and independently.
- In this module, students engage in reading, writing, listening, and speaking to build knowledge of simple machines and how they impact force, effort, and work.
- RESEARCHING AND NOTE-TAKING: BUILDING EXPERTISE ABOUT A COLONIAL TRADE In this lesson, students continue their research in smaller expert groups. The knowledge students will build about their...
- In this eight-week module, students explore animal defense mechanisms. They build proficiency in writing an informative piece, examining the defense mechanisms of one specific animal about which they...
- In this lesson, students complete the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment. The texts and note-catchers used in the assessment will be used again by students in the End of Unit 2 Assessment. This mid-unit...
- For this assessment, they plan and write an informative piece about the pufferfish. They will use the texts read for the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment as well as the notes taken during that assessment. Since...
- In this second unit, students research their expert group animal and its defense mechanisms. Close reading of informational texts about their expert group animal will prepare students for the mid-...
- In the third unit, students apply what they have learned about the American Revolution and perspectives in order to complete their performance task, a broadside convincing someone to be a Patriot.