Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.4.7
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Conduct short research projects that build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
- For this assessment, they plan and write an informative piece about the pufferfish. They will use the texts read for the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment as well as the notes taken during that assessment. Since...
- In this lesson, students complete the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment. The texts and note-catchers used in the assessment will be used again by students in the End of Unit 2 Assessment. This mid-unit...
- READING AND TAKING NOTES ON COLONIAL TRADES In this lesson students read and take notes on their trade from their Colonial Trade texts for a third time and independently.
- RESEARCHING AND NOTE-TAKING: BUILDING EXPERTISE ABOUT A COLONIAL TRADE In this lesson, students continue their research in smaller expert groups. The knowledge students will build about their...
- RESEARCHING AND NOTE-TAKING: BECOMING AN EXPERT ON A COLONIAL TRADE In this lesson, students formally launch their research in expert groups. The knowledge students will build about their particular...
- DOCUMENTING RESEARCH: SORTING AND RECORDING INFORMATION ABOUT THE WHEELWRIGHT In this lesson, students reread the text about the wheelwright from Lesson 5. The specific purpose of this lesson is to...
- RESEARCH: IDENTIFYING CATEGORIES FOR OUR RESEARCH ABOUT THE WHEELWRIGHT Students read a text about the wheelwright in this lesson. They then reread this same text again in Lesson 6 and practice...