Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.4.2.d
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- d.Use precise language and domain-specific vocabulary to inform about or explain the topic.
- Unit 3: Researching a Selected Poet and Writing a Biographical Essay In this unit, students are introduced to biographies with the text A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams, by Jen...
- In the third unit, students apply what they have learned about the American Revolution and perspectives in order to complete their performance task, a broadside convincing someone to be a Patriot.
- In this eight-week module, students explore animal defense mechanisms. They build proficiency in writing an informative piece, examining the defense mechanisms of one specific animal about which they...
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...
- CASE STUDY: CONDUCTING RESEARCH ON COLONIAL AMERICANS In the second unit, students further develop their ability to comprehend informational text by hearing and reading a variety of nonfiction...