Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.4.2.a
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Introduce a topic clearly and group related information in paragraphs and sections; include formatting (e.g., headings), illustrations, and multimedia when useful to aiding comprehension.
- Unit 2: Writing to Learn about Poetry In this unit, students apply what they have learned in Unit 1 to further explore poetry through writing. Students begin the unit with a shared writing experience...
- In this unit, students apply the research they have completed (in Unit 2) about their expert animal and its defense mechanisms in order to write a narrative about their animal. Students will write a...
- In this lesson, students begin drafting the informative page for their performance task. This lesson focuses on drafting the introduction paragraph.
- This is the first in a sequence of lessons during which students plan and write the informative page for Part I of the performance task. In this lesson, they discuss elements of informational texts...
- In this eight-week module, students explore animal defense mechanisms. They build proficiency in writing an informative piece, examining the defense mechanisms of one specific animal about which they...
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...