Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.11-12.2.f
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Provide a concluding statement or section that follows from and supports the information or explanation presented (e.g., articulating implications or the significance of the topic).
- In this unit, students read and analyze two texts that explore issues of agency and identity for women in America. Students begin by reading "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton," in which Cady...
- In the first unit of Module 11.2, students analyze two seminal texts about African Americans in post-Emancipation America. Students begin this unit by reading "Of Our Spiritual Strivings," the first...
- In the second unit of Module 12.1, students continue to refine the skills, practices, and routines of close reading, evidence-based discussion, and evidence-based writing introduced in 12.1.1. This...
- In the first unit of Module 12.1, students are introduced to the skills, practices, and routines of close reading and evidence-based writing and discussion, and engage regularly in the critical...
- In this unit, students engage with Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own, continuing to build skills for close reading and analysis of nonfiction as well developing their ability to identify and...
- In this unit, students continue to develop skills, practices, and routines that will be used on a regular basis in the English Language Arts classroom throughout the year: close reading, annotating...