Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.9-10.1.d
- Speaking & Listening
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- State Standard:
- Respond thoughtfully to diverse perspectives, summarize points of agreement and disagreement, and, when warranted, qualify or justify their own views and understanding and make new connections in light of the evidence and reasoning presented.
- Grade 9 ELA Module 4 is a one-unit module. Please refer to the Grade 9 ELA Module 4 overview page.
- In this unit, students read Chapter 1 of Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson’s, Animals in Translation. The text serves two primary functions: first, students analyze how Temple Grandin develops and...
- In Unit 9.2.3, students read “True Crime: The roots of an American obsession,” an article from Newsweek that examines humanity’s relationship with guilt; “How Bernard Madoff Did It,” a book review of...
- In Unit 9.2.2, students read the Greek tragedy Oedipus the King. The longest text in the module, Oedipus the King allows students to analyze how multiple central ideas are developed and refined...
- In this unit, students will be introduced to skills, practices, and routines that will be used on a regular basis in the ELA classroom throughout the year: close reading, annotating text,...