Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.6.4
- Speaking & Listening
- Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Present claims and findings, sequencing ideas logically and using pertinent descriptions, facts, and details to accentuate main ideas or themes; use appropriate eye contact, adequate volume, and clear pronunciation.
- End of Unit 2 Assessment: A Hosted Gallery Walk
- Presenting a Research-Based Claim Visual Aid and Peer Critique
- Presenting a Research-Based Claim: Effective Speaking Techniques
- Forming a Research-Based Claim: Cascading Consequences Chart
- Forming a Research-Based Claim: Creating Stakeholders Charts
- Performance Task: Performing a Narrative
- Writing the Final Narrative: Monologue or Concrete Poem
- In this lesson students practice drawing evidence from the text to infer about the main character and narrator, and use context clues to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words.