Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.5.6
- Speaking & Listening
- Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, using formal English when appropriate to task and situation.
- Final Performance Task: Delivering an Opinion Speech with Multimedia Display
- Including Multimedia and Visual Displays in Presentations: Prioritization of Relief Aid after Natural Disasters
- READING FOR FLUENCY: READERS THEATER ABOUT THE RAINFOREST (PAGE 33) In the opening of this lesson, students are introduced to a poem about being a rainforest researcher. The purpose is to briefly...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...
- PERFORMANCE TASK: READERS THEATER SECOND REHEARSAL AND PERFORMANCE In advance: Have students’ exit tickets from Lesson 10, which tells what character each student will be reading in their group...
- OUR GROUP READERS THEATER: REVISION, CONCLUSION, AND FIRST REHEARSAL In advance: Review group scripts and provide written feedback about how well students are sequencing events and using clear...
- NARRATIVES AS THEATER: ESPERANZA RISING, FROM NOVEL TO SCRIPT Students spent all of Unit 2 reading Esperanza Rising: “first draft reading” of all chapters for homework, and more careful study of...
- NARRATIVES AS THEATER, PART I: WHAT IS READERS THEATER? Students spent all of Unit 2 reading Esperanza Rising: First draft reading of all chapters for homework and more careful study of specific...
- REVISITING BIG METAPHORS AND THEMES; REVISING AND BEGINNING TO PERFORM TWO VOICE POEMS This lesson includes time for a few groups to perform their Two-Voice Poems. There is more time in Lessons 16–18...