Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.5.1.b
- Speaking & Listening
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- State Standard:
- Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions and carry out assigned roles.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Inventions That Changed People’s Lives In this eight-week module, students learn about new or improved technologies that have been developed to...
- This module begins with a brief study of the importance of sports in American culture over time. The heart of this module is a whole class study of the short but challenging biography Promises to...
- DRAFTING INDIVIDUAL READERS THEATER SCRIPTS FOR A SPECIFIC SCENE: NARROWING TEXT FOR OUR READERS THEATER SCRIPTS In advance: Have students’ UDHR category cards and Esperanza Rising novels, with...
- LAUNCHING READERS THEATER GROUPS: IDENTIFYING PASSAGES FROM ESPERANZA RISING FOR READERS THEATER THAT CONNECT TO THE UDHR Prepare for Teacher Model (use pages 46-47 from Esperanza Rising) Note that...
- Close Reading: Becoming Experts on Specific Articles of the UDHR This lesson builds directly on Lesson 6. Students use the Close Reading protocol with increasing independence to build and share...
- Close Reading: “Unpacking” Specific Articles of the UDHR In this lesson and Lesson 7, students will become “experts” on 11 specific Articles from the UDHR. These Articles were chosen specifically...