Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.11-12.1.e
- Speaking and Listening Standards
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- State Standard:
- Seek to understand other perspectives and cultures and communicate effectively with audiences or individuals from varied backgrounds.
- In this lesson, students examine Woolf’s point of view and use of rhetoric. Students focus on a selection from of A Room of One’s Own in which Woolf develops her point of view about why it would have...
- In this unit, students engage with Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own, continuing to build skills for close reading and analysis of nonfiction as well developing their ability to identify and...
- In this lesson, students reread the scene at Ophelia’s grave in order to analyze how Shakespeare develops his characters through their responses to Ophelia’s death. This lesson integrates RL.11-12.2...
- In this lesson students read Ophelia’s monologue on Hamlet’s madness Act 3.1, lines 163–175. Directly following this reading and analysis, students compose a Quick Write about Ophelia’s perspective...
- In this lesson students read Act 3.1, lines 131–162, the conclusion of the dialogue between Hamlet and Ophelia. Students read and discuss the dialogue in pairs, focusing on the development of Ophelia...
- In this lesson, students read a selection from Act 1.5 that includes Hamlet’s interaction with the Ghost and Hamlet’s subsequent soliloquy in which Hamlet commits to follow the Ghost’s advice and...
- In this unit, students continue to develop skills, practices, and routines that will be used on a regular basis in the English Language Arts classroom throughout the year: close reading, annotating...