Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.9-10.9
- Reading Literature
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Analyze how an author draws on and transforms source material in a specific work (e.g., how Shakespeare treats a theme or topic from Ovid or the Bible or how a later author draws on a play by Shakespeare).
- Students develop these close reading skills as they examine Shakespeare’s Macbeth. They also continue to develop their oral presentation and argument writing skills through a series of activities...
- In the first unit of Module 1, students are introduced to many of the foundational skills, practices, and routines that they build upon and strengthen throughout the unit: close reading, annotating...
- In this unit, students will continue to practice and refine routines such as close reading, annotation, identification of evidence, and participation in collaborative discussions. Students will study...