Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.7.6
- Reading Literature
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Analyze how an author develops and contrasts the points of view of different characters or narrators in a text.
- This unit is the culmination of the study of Linda Sue Park’s novel A Long Walk to Water and informational texts about Southern Sudan in Units 1 and 2. Students will be pulling textual evidence from...
- In this lesson students read a model poem focusing on how the author of the poem used evidence.
- In this assessment students plan their two-voice poem.
- In this lesson students are introduced to their performance task for the module, a two voice poem, in order to give the teacher time to give students feedback on their literary analysis essays.
- In this lesson students use a text-based discussion protocol to revisit chapters 1-5 in the novel and discuss points of view.
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...