Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.7.6
- Reading Literature
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Analyze how an author develops and contrasts the points of view of different characters or narrators in a text.
- In this lesson students are introduced to the concept of juxtaposition through analysis of characters in the novel.
- This unit is the culmination of the study of Linda Sue Park’s novel A Long Walk to Water and informational texts about Southern Sudan in Units 1 and 2. Students will be pulling textual evidence from...
- In this lesson students use a text based discussion protocol to analyze theme and characters in the novel.
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...