Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.7.4
- Reading Literature
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of rhymes and other repetitions of sounds (e.g., alliteration) on a specific verse or stanza of a poem or section of a story or drama.
- This ELA Common Core video features 7th grade students from Willink Middle School in Webster, NY. This lesson focuses on Anchor Standard CCRA.L.4: Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and...
- This lesson mirrors Unit 1, Lesson 1, where students focused on the powerful content, language, images, and themes of The People Could Fly. In this lesson students analyze Frederick Douglass: The...
- End of Unit Assessment: Poetry Analysis
- Students continue to build their poetry analysis skills. They analyze poetry individually and with a partner or small group.
- Poetic Tools in Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
- How to Read a Poem: “The Negro Speaks of Rivers”
- This lesson begins a five-lesson mini unit on poetry.
- This lesson launches Module 3, giving students the opportunity to experience a powerful story and discuss what makes it powerful.
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...