Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.6.9
- Reading Literature
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Compare and contrast texts in different forms or genres (e.g., stories and poems; historical novels and fantasy stories) in terms of their approaches to similar themes and topics.
- In this lesson, students complete the mid-unit assessment using the final stanza of the poem, which they haven’t yet worked with. • The fourth stanza is challenging, and as this is an assessment,...
- This lesson is very similar in structure to Lessons 3 and 5. It is the second lesson in the two-day cycle focused on the third stanza of the poem “If.” Students dig deeper into interpreting the...
- This lesson is very similar in structure to Lesson 3 and is the second in the two-lesson cycle focused on the second stanza of the poem. In this lesson, students dig deeper into interpreting the...
- This lesson is the second in the two-lesson cycle that will be repeated until students have read each stanza of the “If ” poem closely. In this lesson, students dig deeper into the meaning of the...
- In Module 1, Unit 2, students distinguished between a topic and theme and determined themes of myths using evidence from the text. Work Time Part A of this lesson revisits this as students search for...
- In the first half of this second unit, students continue to explore the topic of “rules to live by” as they closely read the poem “If ” by Rudyard Kipling. Students determine themes of the poem,...
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Small Group Discussion: How Do Modern Poems Portray Modern Adversities?
- Comparing and Contrasting: Seeing and Hearing Different Genres