Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.6.7
- Reading Literature
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Compare and contrast the experience of reading a story, drama, or poem to listening to or viewing an audio, video, or live version of the text, including contrasting what they “see” and “hear” when reading the text to what they perceive when they listen or watch.
- In this lesson, students complete the mid-unit assessment using the final stanza of the poem, which they haven’t yet worked with. • The fourth stanza is challenging, and as this is an assessment,...
- In this lesson, students will continue the two-lesson cycle. Students read the third stanza from the poem “If ” and continue to develop knowledge of the structure of the poem and the use of...
- In the first half of this second unit, students continue to explore the topic of “rules to live by” as they closely read the poem “If ” by Rudyard Kipling. Students determine themes of the poem,...
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Small Group Discussion: How Do Modern Poems Portray Modern Adversities?
- Seeing, Hearing, and Comparing Genres: A Poem and a Letter
- Comparing and Contrasting: Seeing and Hearing Different Genres