Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.6.3
- Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Describe how a particular story’s or drama’s plot unfolds in a series of episodes as well as how the characters respond or change as the plot moves toward a resolution.
- In the first half of this second unit, students continue to explore the topic of “rules to live by” as they closely read the poem “If ” by Rudyard Kipling. Students determine themes of the poem,...
- In this lesson students analyze a model narrative and begin planning their own narratives.
- In this lesson students prepare for their performance task, their own hero's journey narrative, by revisiting the informational text, "The Hero's Journey" and using it to deconstruct the hero's...
- In this lesson students begin to practice analyzing the central text in writing using evidence from the informational article read in the last two lessons.
- In this assessment students read a new passage from the central text and answer questions using evidence from the text to infer about the main character's thoughts and actions.
- In this lesson students continue their close read from the previous lesson now focusing on vocabulary strategies including using context clues and prefixes to determine the meaning of words.
- In this lesson students engage in a close read of a chapter from the central text to infer about the main character's thoughts and actions.
- In this lesson students practice drawing evidence from the text to infer about the main character and narrator, and use context clues to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- Myths: Not Just Long Ago In this module, students are involved in a deep study of mythology, its purposes, and elements. Students will read Rick Riordan’s The Lightning Thief (780L), a high-interest...