Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.5.5
- Reading Literature
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Explain how a series of chapters, scenes, or stanzas fits together to provide the overall structure of a particular story, drama, or poem.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...
- DRAFTING INDIVIDUAL READERS THEATER SCRIPTS FOR A SPECIFIC SCENE: REPHRASING, NARRATOR INTRODUCTION, AND IDENTIFYING CHARACTERS In advance: Review Support Materials, samples for purpose of modeling....
- DRAFTING INDIVIDUAL READERS THEATER SCRIPTS FOR A SPECIFIC SCENE: NARROWING TEXT FOR OUR READERS THEATER SCRIPTS In advance: Have students’ UDHR category cards and Esperanza Rising novels, with...
- LAUNCHING READERS THEATER GROUPS: IDENTIFYING PASSAGES FROM ESPERANZA RISING FOR READERS THEATER THAT CONNECT TO THE UDHR Prepare for Teacher Model (use pages 46-47 from Esperanza Rising) Note that...
- MID-UNIT ASSESSMENT: EVALUATING A NOVEL VERSUS A SCRIPT In advance: Make student notes and anchor charts from Lessons 1–3 (available for student reference during the assessment).
- READERS THEATER AND THE UDHR Students spent all of Unit 2 reading Esperanza Rising, “first draft reading” of all chapters for homework, and more careful study of specific passages from each chapter...
- NARRATIVES AS THEATER: ESPERANZA RISING, FROM NOVEL TO SCRIPT Students spent all of Unit 2 reading Esperanza Rising: “first draft reading” of all chapters for homework, and more careful study of...
- UNIT 3, CULMINATING PROJECT: READERS THEATER: ESPERANZA RISING, FROM NOVEL TO SCRIPT In this third unit, students will continue to apply what they have learned about human rights by creating scripts...
- Becoming a Close Reader and Writing to Learn: Stories of Human Rights What are human rights, and how do real people and fictional characters respond when those rights are challenged? Students will...