Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.5.1
- Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- INFERRING ABOUT CHARACTERS BASED ON HOW THEY RESPOND TO CHALLENGES (CHAPTER 4: “LOS HIGOS/FIGS”) This lesson builds directly on Lesson 3, and reinforces a pattern of analysis that students will use...
- INFERRING ABOUT CHARACTERS BASED ON HOW THEY RESPOND TO CHALLENGES (CHAPTER 3: “LAS PAPAYAS/PAPAYAS”) This lesson draws directly on the knowledge students built during Unit 1 about human rights....
- GETTING TO KNOW ESPERANZA (CHAPTER 2: “LAS UVAS/GRAPES”) This lesson introduces a new small group structure: Triad Talk. These reading and discussion groups will be used throughout the study of...
- CASE STUDY: ESPERANZA’S STORY In this second unit, students will apply their new learning about human rights through a case study of how a fictional character responds to human rights challenges....
- Becoming a Close Reader and Writing to Learn: Stories of Human Rights What are human rights, and how do real people and fictional characters respond when those rights are challenged? Students will...