Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.4.1
- Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- Unit 1: Reading to Learn about Poetry In this unit, students read the first half of the novel Love That Dog by Sharon Creech, as well as poems by authors such as William Carlos Williams, Robert Frost...
- In Unit 1, students will read and listen closely to interpret main ideas and thematic connections between visual imagery (symbols and graphics), oral tradition (Haudenosaunee video) and diverse...
- In Unit 1, students are asked to infer the topic of their research for this module by sorting various pictures of simple machines and their everyday use. Students start by sorting these “Mystery...
- In Unit 2, students read The Hope Chest by Karen Schwabach. This novel is a piece of historical fiction set in 1920 during the passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave women in the United States the...
- In this unit, students read the play Divided Loyalties, by Gare Thompson, to dig deeper into the perspectives of Patriots and Loyalists.