Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.11-12.1
- Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.
- In this End-of-Unit Assessment, students complete the final drafts of their narrative essays. Students incorporate basic grammar, proper hyphenation conventions, and correct spelling. Students also...
- In this final lesson of the unit, the End-of-Unit Assessment, students compose a multi-paragraph response to the following prompt: Analyze the effectiveness of the structure Silko uses in her...
- In the first unit of Module 12.1, students are introduced to the skills, practices, and routines of close reading and evidence-based writing and discussion, and engage regularly in the critical...
- In this lesson, students analyze pages 202–206 from chapter 12 of The Autobiography of Malcolm X (from “We had hoped to hear his wisdom during dinner” to “what the white man had done to our poor...
- In this first English Language Arts Lesson of 12th grade, students are introduced to important skills and practices that continue throughout the year: reading for textual details and the analysis of...
- Overview The Grades 9-12 Making EBC about Literary Technique Units adapt the Making EBC Framework for teaching claim-making about the effects of authorial choice and craft on the meaning of literary...
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...