Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.11-12.1
- Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.
- In this lesson, the End-of-Unit Assessment, students engage in an evidence-based discussion of Browning’s choices about introducing and developing the Duke over the course of “My Last Duchess.” This...
- This lesson introduces students to important skills and practices that continue throughout the year: Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) and close reading for textual details. Students analyze the...
- In the first unit of Module 1, students are introduced to the skills, practices, and routines of close reading, annotating text, and evidence-based discussion and writing, especially through text-...
- Overview The Grades 9-12 Making EBC about Literary Technique Units adapt the Making EBC Framework for teaching claim-making about the effects of authorial choice and craft on the meaning of literary...
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...