Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.11-12.1
- Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.
- In this End-of-Unit Assessment, students complete the final drafts of their narrative essays. Students incorporate basic grammar, proper hyphenation conventions, and correct spelling. Students also...
- In this final lesson of the unit, the End-of-Unit Assessment, students compose a multi-paragraph response to the following prompt: Analyze the effectiveness of the structure Silko uses in her...
- In this lesson, students analyze pages 202–206 from chapter 12 of The Autobiography of Malcolm X (from “We had hoped to hear his wisdom during dinner” to “what the white man had done to our poor...
- In this first English Language Arts Lesson of 12th grade, students are introduced to important skills and practices that continue throughout the year: reading for textual details and the analysis of...
- In this lesson, the End-of-Unit Assessment, students engage in an evidence-based discussion of Browning’s choices about introducing and developing the Duke over the course of “My Last Duchess.” This...
- This lesson introduces students to important skills and practices that continue throughout the year: Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) and close reading for textual details. Students analyze the...