Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.9-10.7
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Analyze various accounts of a subject told in different mediums (e.g., a person’s life story in both print and multimedia), determining which details are emphasized in each account.
- In this lesson, students will be introduced to Bernard Madoff and the concept of a Ponzi scheme through an informational video. Students will also begin reading the second informational text in this...
- In this lesson, students watch an excerpt from the movie Temple Grandin in which she presents her cattle chute design to meatpacking industry executives. Students analyze which details are emphasized...
- In this lesson, students analyze and synthesize their research to make claims about inquiry questions within an inquiry path or the inquiry path question itself. Students complete at least two...
- "Student analysis focuses on determining a central idea of this passage, and identifying and exploring how specific details develop this idea. Throughout this lesson, students learn how to utilize a...
- "In this lesson, students explore the images from “Portrait Gallery of Sugar Work” (pp. 42–53) depicting conditions and processes of sugar production and distribution. Students analyze how sugar...
- In this lesson, students read and analyze paragraphs 7 and 8 of “A Genetics of Justice” in which Alvarez goes into specific detail about Trujillo’s megalomania and vanity as described by her mother....