Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RI.9-10.7
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Analyze various accounts of a subject told in different mediums (e.g., a person’s life story in both print and multimedia), determining which details are emphasized in each account.
- Overview These English Language Arts/Literacy Units empower students with critical reading and writing skills at the heart of the Common Core: analyzing and writing evidence-based arguments. This...
- Building and Communicating Knowledge through Research: The Inquiry and Writing Processes In Module 9.3, students engage in an inquiry-based, iterative process for research. Building on work with...
- Grade 9 ELA Module 4 is a one-unit module. Please refer to the Grade 9 ELA Module 4 overview page.
- "In this lesson, students explore the images from “Portrait Gallery of Sugar Work” (pp. 42–53) depicting conditions and processes of sugar production and distribution. Students analyze how sugar...
- "Student analysis focuses on determining a central idea of this passage, and identifying and exploring how specific details develop this idea. Throughout this lesson, students learn how to utilize a...
- In this lesson, students analyze and synthesize their research to make claims about inquiry questions within an inquiry path or the inquiry path question itself. Students complete at least two...
- In this lesson, students watch an excerpt from the movie Temple Grandin in which she presents her cattle chute design to meatpacking industry executives. Students analyze which details are emphasized...
- In this unit, students continue the research process begun in Unit 1. Students begin to deeply engage in this iterative, non-linear process with the goal of deepening students’ understanding of...
- In this lesson, students will be introduced to Bernard Madoff and the concept of a Ponzi scheme through an informational video. Students will also begin reading the second informational text in this...
- In this unit, students read Chapter 1 of Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson’s, Animals in Translation. The text serves two primary functions: first, students analyze how Temple Grandin develops and...
- In Unit 9.2.3, students read “True Crime: The roots of an American obsession,” an article from Newsweek that examines humanity’s relationship with guilt; “How Bernard Madoff Did It,” a book review of...
- Working with Evidence and Making Claims: How Do Authors Structure Texts and Develop Ideas? In this module, students engage with literature and nonfiction texts that develop central ideas of guilt,...