Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.9-10.7
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Analyze various accounts of a subject told in different mediums (e.g., a person’s life story in both print and multimedia), determining which details are emphasized in each account.
- Grade 9 ELA Module 4 is a one-unit module. Please refer to the Grade 9 ELA Module 4 overview page.
- In this unit, students engage with Julia Alvarez’s autobiographical essay, “A Genetics of Justice,” continuing to build skills for close reading and analysis as well developing their understanding of...
- In this unit, students continue the research process begun in Unit 1. Students begin to deeply engage in this iterative, non-linear process with the goal of deepening students’ understanding of...
- In this unit, students read Chapter 1 of Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson’s, Animals in Translation. The text serves two primary functions: first, students analyze how Temple Grandin develops and...
- In Unit 9.2.3, students read “True Crime: The roots of an American obsession,” an article from Newsweek that examines humanity’s relationship with guilt; “How Bernard Madoff Did It,” a book review of...