Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.9-10.7
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Analyze various accounts of a subject told in different mediums (e.g., a person’s life story in both print and multimedia), determining which details are emphasized in each account.
- In this lesson, students read and analyze paragraphs 7 and 8 of “A Genetics of Justice” in which Alvarez goes into specific detail about Trujillo’s megalomania and vanity as described by her mother....
- In this unit, students engage with Julia Alvarez’s autobiographical essay, “A Genetics of Justice,” continuing to build skills for close reading and analysis as well developing their understanding of...
- Overview These English Language Arts/Literacy Units empower students with critical reading and writing skills at the heart of the Common Core: analyzing and writing evidence-based arguments. This...