Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.9-10.3
- Reading Informational
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Analyze how the author unfolds an analysis or series of ideas or events, including the order in which the points are made, how they are introduced and developed, and the connections that are drawn between them.
- In this unit, students will continue to practice and refine routines such as close reading, annotation, identification of evidence, and participation in collaborative discussions. Students will study...
- In this unit, students read Chapter 1 of Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson’s, Animals in Translation. The text serves two primary functions: first, students analyze how Temple Grandin develops and...
- Grade 9 ELA Module 4 is a one-unit module. Please refer to the Grade 9 ELA Module 4 overview page.
- In the third unit of Module 1, students develop and continue to solidify the skills and practices of close reading, vocabulary acquisition, participation in diverse discussions, and evidence...
- In this unit, students read Martin Luther King’s “Letter From A Birmingham Jail” alongside three short poems, focusing on how King develops his argument for direct action on civil rights. Students...
- In this unit, students engage with Julia Alvarez’s autobiographical essay, “A Genetics of Justice,” continuing to build skills for close reading and analysis as well developing their understanding of...
- "In the first unit of Module 10.3, students continue to work on skills, practices, and routines introduced in Modules 10.1 and Module 10.2: reading closely, annotating text, and evidence-based...