Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.7.7
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Compare and contrast a text to an audio, video, or multimedia version of the text, analyzing each medium’s portrayal of the subject (e.g., how the delivery of a speech affects the impact of the words).
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Comparing and Contrasting Text and Video: “Frederick Douglass”
- In this lesson, students continue to analyze how a text and a video portray the same topic (in this case abolition), paying particular attention to how both media use images, quotes, and sequence.
- Lessons 3, 4, and 5 all refer to two related PBS sources. The first PBS source is the video entitled Episode 5: “A Fatal Contradiction,” which is part of the series Freedom: A History of US. The...
- This lesson is the Mid-Unit 1 Assessment, which centers on SL.7.2 and RI. 7.7. Students are given an opportunity to practice with a partner before the assessment begins.
- This lesson focuses on SL.7.2, a standard that students have not worked with in other modules. Although analyzing the main idea and supporting details is not a new skill, applying it to the video...
- "Students return to the article “Teens and Decision Making” for the final time in this lesson. This lesson opens with students self-assessing their ability to analyze the main idea and supporting...
- Overview These English Language Arts/Literacy Units empower students with critical reading and writing skills at the heart of the Common Core: analyzing and writing evidence-based arguments. This...