Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RI.7.2
- Reading Informational
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Determine two or more central ideas in a text and analyze their development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text.
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...
- This lesson introduces students to two important classroom routines: Thinking Logs and the Brain Development anchor chart. They also continue to add to the Domain-Specific Vocabulary anchor chart.
- In this lesson, students continue to read excerpts of the “The Digital Revolution and the Adolescent Brain Evolution.” Taking enough time to add to the anchor chart will support students in using...
- In this lesson, students take the End of Unit 1 Assessment and they analyze the main idea of an informational text. The text today is “You Trouble” by Justin O’Neill.
- In this lesson students build background knowledge through reading an excerpt of an informational text about different tribes in Sudan and the role these tribes played in the Sudanese civil war. In...
- In this lesson students continue to build background knowledge through close reading of the excerpt of informational text first read in the previous lesson, this time focusing on vocabulary and using...
- In this lesson students read another excerpt of the informational text read in lesson 10 and 11 to continue to build background knowledge about Sudanese tribes. In this lesson the text is read for...