Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.6.9
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Compare and contrast one author’s presentation of events with that of another (e.g., a memoir written by and a biography on the same person).
- Overview This English Language Arts /Literacy Unit empowers students with a critical reading and writing skill at the heart of the Common Core: Reading complex texts closely to analyze textual...
- End of Unit 2 Assessment: A Hosted Gallery Walk
- Forming a Research-Based Claim: Creating Stakeholders Charts
- Forming a Research-Based Claim: Cascading Consequences Chart
- Mid-Unit Assessment Comparing and Contrasting Two Texts: Simulated Research
- Presentation of Events: Comparing Two Authors
- Comparing an Author’s Presentation of Ideas: “Rachel Carson: Sounding the Alarm on Pollution”
- Applying Research Skills: “Rachel Carson: Environmentalist and Writer”
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...